Sixty is the age of magnetic glow of inner independence and confidence. Being sixty demands you positive aging attitude, focusing on good health, exercise and practicing smart skin care and makeup application. Never try to look ‘younger’, you’ve learn new techniques, tricks and tips regarding your makeup.
- Don’t over-emphasize, just focus on freshen up your face.
- Simply look good for your age.
- Heavy makeup can add years to your look.
- Dewiness is your goal.
- Use primer, as it is your best friend.
- Choose right foundation which should be light and liquid, dewy finish foundation.
- Using a brush gives better coverage without creating a thick ‘caked’ look.
- Avoid too much powder, use creamy products to help nourish your skin.
- You must understand your concealer. Use it with moisturizer.
- Add a touch of bronzer to your cheeks for warmth.
- Use matte bronzer onto the neck and along your jaw line.
- If skin on eye lid is thin and you can see little veins then apply concealer onto lids before applying eye makeup.
- One color all over the eye in a light matte powdered eye shadow will brighten the eyes and minimize eye lid creasing.
- Soft bronze and lilac brighten eyes.
- Avoid over-darkening as it will look unnatural.
- Pluck away white hair from brows.
- Use brow gel also to keep them in proper shape.
- Thick tipped pencil (also known as a chubby stick) will draw a thicker, more forgiving line to your eyes.
- Pencil eyeliner like navy blue looks lovely on mature eyes.
- Purple waterproof eyeliner on upper lashes gives you fabulous look.
- Use waterproof mascara.
- Use eye lash curler while applying mascara.
- Use black mascara as it creates open eye effect, don’t go for brown or gray.
- Your skin tone will be looking slightly sallow in 60’s. So, add some pretty pink and peach tones, lighter shades of rose and melon in creamy blush or other natural toned blush colors.
- Silicon based cream blushes will add vitality to your skin.
- The shade of your blush should be softer now than it was in your 40’s and 50’s.
- Go for satin-finish lipsticks instead of matte which make your lips appear smaller.
- Make outline with the help of lip pencil to the outer corners of your lips, it creates fuller effect to your pout and enhance the beauty.
- A darker upper lip also compliments the entire makeup look.
- Lip pencil for making outline should be in the same color as that of your lipstick.