Every age has its own charm and specific beauty. If you are going to 40 plus then you are moving a step forward towards beauty with”GRACE”. In my personal opinion, 40 plus is beautiful as well as graceful.There is a need for 40 plus women to update their makeup looks and learn to apply age appropriate makeup. Here are some of the makeup tips for women over 40s.
Moisturize your skin:
First of all you have to spend more time with you face. You need approximately 15-20 minutes twice a day to cleanse and moisturize your skin. Use hydrating eye cream regularly before you go to bed. The next step is:
- By better quality makeup.
- Blending is the key to create a natural look. Professional blushes and softer sponges are better for this purpose.
The formula for 40 plus is”less is more”. So,use less product on your face. Oil free or matte foundation will settle in your pores while powder founder will settle in your wrinkles. Try mixing your foundation with your moisturizer for a sheerer look. Your foundation should be moisturizing and non-dry. Never ignore your neck,massage with moisturizer before you apply foundation on neck. Use foundation to soften areas that have shadows.
- Use a very little amount of concealer and blend well so that the product does not set right into your pores and wrinkles.
- To hide your dark circles,mix your concealer with a little eye cream. Don’t use it in ‘ring’ around your eyes,apply it only on inner eyes. Use eye shadow base or primer first.
- Don’t get too dark with your eye makeup. Bright colors will look you clownish. Stay away with the pastel colors and opt for browns and grays. Cream eye shadows and powders that should be matte, are better.
- Avoid using metallic ,glitter, shimmer, and frost eye shadows. They get into your fine lines on your upper lid and wrinkles around. Purchase matte eye shadows in neutral colors.
- Use a single light tone of natural shadow from the lashes to brow line to reduce heaviness around eyes.
Eyebrows and Liners:
Don’t highlight your brows with dark pencil or hard line. In light shades, feathery strokes will give better result. Use soft kohl pencil that blends easily and creates softer and natural look. Don’t use the heavy streaks of eye liner.
Don’t over do with mascara, only one to two coats are enough to open your eyes affect. Avoid using colored mascaras, use brown or black-brown. Don’t use mascara on the inner eye lashes. This tend to draw attention to the heaviness of the eye bags.
Use a light cream blush on the apples of your cheeks, not powder. Dust lightly to give a healthy look. Stay away with blushes with too much frost as these age your skin. Use matte blushes and blend well.
Use light and neutral shades that compliment your skin tone. Your lip liner should never be darker than your lipstick. It also depends on your skin shade and hair color. Wearing colors that suit on you, will make you look brighter, fresher, and younger.
Hope you will look better in your 40s than ever before with the help of above tips.